My photo
Boz Towers, Essex, United Kingdom
I'm a Red Hat Society member with a love of crafting of all sorts. A very proud mum to four fabulous children and Nan to six gorgeous grandchildren. I started work as a milliner and now have an abiding love of scrapbooking and card making.

The lovely people that drop by ~ thank you.

Sunday 19 February 2017

Our Second Challenge at International Art and Soul

Today is the second challenge at International Art and soul and this week our theme is, Recycling!



Enter our challenge with a creation of all those lovely bits and pieces we save from bouquets, Christmas cards and gifts, buttons we save from clothes we buy or anything you find when out and about.

For my card this week I recycled a Christmas Card I received last Christmas


The lovely friend bought this card in aid of Help the Heroes and it was too nice to dispose of. I've used the Creative Expressions Noble Double Pierced Squares A & B. I embossed the card with one of the squares just to break the plainness of the white card. I've cut the Christmas card itself and the two silver mats with the A & B dies.  This was a difficult colour on the Christmas card to match and I've kept it fairly simple with the other silver colours.  The bow die is from Memory Box, a favourite of mine.

I will sell this card and donate the money to Help the Heroes at the next Christmas Fair.

Please let me know you've been avisiting by leaving me a comment below. Lots of people drop in and I'd love to see who you are so that I can leave you a comment too.  You don't always need a blog to comment.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

A beautiful card Jennie and I too love that bow. I love Memory Box dies but hadn't come across that one. Hazel x

pam said...

Gorgeous card Jennie, wonderful recycling! as you say to pretty to throw away..I too love the MB bow die.

Hugs Pam x

Margaret said...

Just beautiful. I love what you did with your recycle. Maggie, DT Teamie